Programs & Services
Empowering Discovery | Gateway to Excellence
Student/Scholar Application click here
IP14 New Residential Facilitator Application is now closed!is nowis
Summer 2014 Program Dates: June 25th - August 13th (please refer to the FAQ section for additional details)
Interphase EDGE is a two-year scholar enrichment program which includes a seven-week summer session as well as programming during the academic year. The focus of the summer program is to give scholars an introduction to the MIT experience by exposing them to the rigors of a full subject load and to life on campus.
In addition, the Interphase EDGE curriculum is uniquely designed to impart pivotal concepts that will increase long-term academic success. In other words, the program will not only give students an “edge” on their MIT experience; it will catalyze their success beyond MIT. During the summer and academic year, scholars will participate in a range of personal and educational development seminars and activities designed to ensure their smooth transition to college life. Throughout the academic year, scholars will continue to build upon the relationships created during the summer by attending bi-weekly meetings with EDGE advisors and monthly professional and academic enhancement events, including programs that expose them to various career pathways.
Interphase EDGE scholars will:
- Master problem-solving techniques
- Enhance oral and written communication skills
- Learn about Institute resources critical to success at MIT
- Cultivate peer, staff, and faculty relationships as well as a network of support
- Transition confidently from first year into the department/major of choice
- Gain exposure to a vast array of post-graduation opportunities
- Develop holistically (i.e., student will develop academic, leadership, interpersonal, and professional skills)