Programs & Services
Mentor Advocate Partnership (MAP)
With the acknowledgement that strong relationships throughout the college experience play an integral role in academic success and personal satisfaction, MIT’s Mentor Advocate Partnership (MAP) fosters a student’s holistic development along non-academic lines. Created by the OME, MAP facilitates a trusting partnership between a student and a staff or faculty member that has the potential to continue throughout the undergraduate years.
- Positively adjust to college
- Are more likely to graduate
- Have a greater overall satisfaction with their college experience
- Increase their self-efficacy and perceived confidence in their ability
- Fare better on other key measures of college success than students who lack mentoring connections