Programs & Services
Mentor Advocate Partnership
With the acknowledgement that strong relationships throughout the college experience play an integral role in academic success and personal satisfaction, MIT’s Mentor Advocate Partnership (MAP) fosters a student’s holistic development along non-academic lines. Created by the OME, MAP facilitates a trusting partnership between a student and a staff or faculty member that has the potential to continue throughout the undergraduate years.
- Positively adjust to college
- Are more likely to graduate
- Have a greater overall satisfaction with their college experience
- Increase their self-efficacy and perceived confidence in their ability
- Fare better on other key measures of college success than students who lack mentoring connections