Programs & Services
Seminar XL Registration for Students
How to Enroll:
SEMINAR XL REGISTRATION PROCESS SPRING 2017
Please read all the content of the page before starting the process.
Follow the steps below in order to successfully register for Seminar XL. *Keep in mind that Seminar XL groups are formed based on student demand and Facilitator availability, and thus not all courses will be offered in a semester*
Step I. Submit the online Participant Form
- Once you are placed in a Seminar XL group, you will receive an email asking for your availability.
- Respond to Facilitator emails within 24 hours of receipt.
- Once you have been placed in a Seminar XL group proceed to Step II.
Step II. "Oficially" register for Seminar XL by submitting the Change of Registration Form (Add/Drop form)
- Freshmen: Fill in “SP.120” as Subject Number (3 Units for each Seminar XL class). Non-freshmen: Fill in “SP.120” as Subject Number. Register as Listener (If units are required fill in 1) ALL STUDENTS, INCLUDING LISTENERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER WITH THE REGISTRAR
- An OME staff member will approve your ADD.
- Make sure to complete the ADD process fully. After 2-3 days check your registration to confirm.
* Students that do not complete the Registration process above cannot attend Seminar XL classes*
First Day of Seminar XL class
The first day of class will be determined and communicated to you by OME staff. Attendance to all sessions is paramount for passing Seminar XL.
Tips and Reminders:
- Students can only join a Seminar XL for a class they are concurrently taking that semester.
- Freshmen that register for Seminar XL can exceed the credit limit up to 60 units for Fall Semester. Regular credit limit of 57 units applies during the Spring Semester.
- Freshmen can receive academic credit (see syllabus for grading requirements for academic credit).
- Listeners (Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors) are required to register and attend class.
- OME staff manage Seminar XL group formations.
- If a student needs to drop Seminar XL, he/she must notify OME and officially drop Seminar XL with the Registrar’s Office by Drop Date, April 27, 2017
Questions? Please contact Seminar XL staff at firstname.lastname@example.org