In order to recognize the contributions of our OME Student Advisory Council (OMESAC) Organizations and expand the benefits of membership, the OME has developed an award specifically for OMESAC groups – The OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award. This award would be given to one student organization each semester which includes recognition on website/newsletters, a perpetual plaque in the OME, and a significant monetary contribution to the student organization.
Criterion to Apply
The criterion to apply for the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award are as follows:
The student organization must be an active member of OMESAC; and
The student organization has not been awarded the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester in the most recent semester (i.e. apply in the spring after winning in the fall or vice versa); and
If the student organization has been awarded the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester in the past academic year (i.e. won in the fall, reapplying in the fall), they must address how the previous funding was utilized.
To apply for the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award, please complete the form below and upload an Organizational Statement.
Student organizations should speak to the following in their statement:
- How any of the above speaks to furthering the OME's mission.
- The organization's mission and how the current activities and/or events support the mission statement (to include signature events).
- How the organization supports members (or others) academically and/or socially.
- How the organization helps with student development (i.e. mentoring, leadership, etc.).
- How the organization engages the MIT and/or surrounding community.
- How the organization has modified itself to improve.
- How the organization impacts the MIT community.
To re-apply for the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award, organizations should again complete the application, submit an Organizational Statement, AND submit a detailed report of how the previous funding was utilized.
The OME staff will serve as the selection committee for the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award.
The criterion listed below will also be very heavily considered by the selection committee. Be sure to speak to them in your Organizational Statement:
- Attendance by representative at OMESAC Monthly Meetings
- Attendance at key OME events (i.e. Bring A Friend Home, OME Town Hall Meetings, Innovations, etc.)
- Going above and beyond to promote/support OME Events (i.e. inviting people to the Bring a Friend Home event)
- Spirit of collaboration with groups in and outside of your normal network (OMESAC groups and others)
The OME staff will select the winner in December and June, and funding will be allocated in January and September, respectively. This funding will be in addition to what groups receive for their “regular” funding requests.
The spring 2016 application deadline for the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award is Friday, February 17, 2017 at 11:59pm.
Please complete all of the fields below to submit an application for OMESAC Student Group of the Semester.