Programs & Services
Laureates and Leaders
The 2016 Laureates and Leaders Application is now closed.
Check back Winter 2017
The Laureates and Leaders Program is designed to encourage highly motivated and talented underrepresented sophomore students in their pursuit of a graduate degree; specifically dual M.D./Ph. D. or Ph. D. programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Students are identified by their interests in advanced studies and by their strong academic records at MIT.
Throughout the students' remaining undergraduate years, the Laureates and Leaders program helps participants prepare for graduate school by:
- Connecting a group of select undergraduates who share an interest in attending graduate school.
- Facilitating networking opportunities with faculty, alumni, and graduate students through research talks and panels.
- Providing financial subsidies to help offset the costs of graduate school preparation, including application fees, GRE test fees, conference registration, travel to graduate schools and more.
Responsibilities of Laureates and Leaders’ students include:
- Maintaining a competitive GPA
- Remaining in the program until graduation
- Performing and presenting research
- Attending monthly workshops
- Meeting with a faculty mentor and Laureates and Leaders' staff
- Applying to graduate school