The mission of The CRWN is to inspire undergraduate women of color (WOC) to move confidently as visionaries, grounded in excellence, empathy, and support for one another. Women of Color includes Black, Indigenous, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islanders, and other minoritized ethnicities.
Who We Serve
The CRWN is designed for undergraduate women of color which includes Black, Indigenous, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islanders, and other minoritized ethnicities. Women includes transgender women, cisgender women, and non-binary women.
The CRWN serves sophomores (2nd year) students and above. Students may stay in the program until they graduate.
The CRWN provides:
- A network of undergraduate and graduate WOC at MIT
- Participation in group mentoring opportunities
- Support for academic goals
- Access to social outings, retreats, dinners, and fun events
- Access to financial assistance
Calendar of Events
- September 1–22: Applications open
- September 14: The CRWN Information Session
- September 28: Personal Development Workshop
- October 11: Professional Development Workshop
- October 26: Study Session