OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award
In order to recognize the contributions of our OME Student Advisory Council (OMESAC) Organizations and expand the benefits of membership, the OME has developed an award specifically for OMESAC groups: the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award (previously known as the OMESAC Student Group of the Semester Award). This award will be given to one student organization each year which includes recognition on website/newsletters, a perpetual plaque in the OME, and a significant monetary contribution to the student organization.
Criterion to Apply
The criterion to apply for the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award are as follows:
- The student organization must be an active member of OMESAC; and
- The student organization has not won the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award in the most recent academic year; and
- If the student organization has been awarded the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award in a past academic year, they must address how the previous funding was utilized.
To apply for the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award, please complete the form below and upload an Organizational Statement.
Student organizations should speak to the following about the previous semester in their statement:
- How did your organization support members, or other students, academically and/or socially last academic year (provide dates of events)?
- Did your organization engage with the MIT and/or surrounding community last academic year? If so, how (provide dates of events)?
- What are some positive changes your organization made, internally, last academic year. How does your organization impact the MIT community?
- How many OMESAC meetings did your student organization attend last academic year?
- Did students from your organization attend any key OME events? Which ones? How was this helpful?
- How has your organization worked to promote the OME mission and OME events?
If your student organization has won the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award before, please submit an Organizational Statement, AND submit a detailed report of how the previous funding was utilized. If this report is not included your organization will not be considered for funding.
The OME staff will serve as the selection committee for the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award.
- Student organizations will be ranked based on the criteria listed above.
- Organizations must remember to put an emphasis on how their work relates to the OME mission, and how they have partnered with the OME.
- Content in the Organizational Statement must speak to accomplishments, activities, and changes that occurred last semester
- It may take up to 3 weeks after the submission deadline for the winner to be announced.
Any funding awarded will be in addition to what OMESAC groups receive via our “regular” funding process.
The application deadline for the OMESAC Student Group of the Year Award is Thursday, April 14, 2022 @ 11:59PM.