The Standard is a program designed to holistically support the academic, personal, and professional success of MIT's undergraduate men of color. First-year students apply and remain with the program until graduation.
The Standard: Cohort 6 application is now closed. Applications for cohort 7 will open in August of 2023.
Benefits of joining The Standard:
- Access to alumni mentors
- Access to financial resources to help with costs of professional development (conferences, etc.) and graduate school preparation (application fees, GRE registration fee, etc.).
- Access to workshops and guest lectures on relevant topics including general professional development, masculinity and intersectional identities, life skills, and financial literacy.
- Access to social outings, retreats, dinners, and fun events.
Responsibilities of The Standard cohort include:
- Interest and participation in creating a diverse community built on foundations of shared respect, openness, and brotherhood.
- Remaining in the program until graduation.
- Attend workshops, lectures, and social events.
- Remain in contact with program staff and attend required check-in meetings.
- Maintenance of a competitive GPA and evidence of academic progression.
Questions? Email us: thestandard [at] mit.edu
Generous funding for The Standard provided by